Women’s Giving Circle Fund
The Women’s Giving Circle launched in 2003 as a way to encourage women to become more involved philanthropically in Washington County. It provides a unique opportunity for donors to join together, contributing as little as a dollar a day ($365 a year), to promote and support programs and organizations that enable and empower women. One half of all yearly contributions go to work immediately through the granting process. The other half is secured in the endowment fund to ensure growth and perpetuity.
- Girls with incarcerated loved ones receive support.
- Women entering the workforce obtain professional attire.
- Homeless women sleep peacefully at a local shelter.
- GED and English language classes are funded.
- Transitional housing needs for women and their families are provided.
- STEM summer camps are accessible for girls from low income families.
“The Women’s Giving Circle funding has provided opportunities, experiences and programs for girls that focus on the development of the “whole” girl; not just intellect but the development of each girl’s emotional, physical, social and artistic potential….and for that, we are so grateful!” said Maureen Grove, executive director for Girls Inc. of Washington County.
Calendar of Events
Tuesday, November 13th 11:30 AM Luncheon Nick’s Airport Inn
For more information about the Women’s Giving Circle, please contact Chairperson Karen Coyne at firstname.lastname@example.org or Like Us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/The-Womens-Giving-Circle-of-Washington-County-1124891860897187/?hc_ref=SEARCH