Women’s Giving Circle Announces Grant Recipients for 2020
The Community Foundation of Washington County MD announces the recipients of grant applications for its Women’s Giving Circle Fund. The Women’s Giving Circle encourages women to become more involved philanthropically in Washington County and makes grants to organizations working to improve the lives of women and their families in the local community.
The Women’s Giving Circle accepts applications for programs, capital and operating expenses that meet the following criteria: increase life skills of women; encourage the healthy development and personal authority of young girls; improve the quality of life for families in Washington County and improve the emotional and physical well-being of all females. This year’s recipients are:
- BEACON House: $2,500 for the Girls Robotics and Coding program.
- Brooke’s House: $3,150 for the dental healthcare program.
- CASA, Inc. – Citizens Assisting & Sheltering the Abused: $2,000 for the Survivor Independence program.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates: $3,300 for the Parent Trauma Advocacy program.
- Girls Inc. of Washington County: $3,500 to support the teen equestrian program.
- Hope Through Birth: $1,000 to support the Bereavement Education program.
- Lasting Change: $1,000 for the Career Development Program.
- Salvation Army: $2,500 to support the women and children shelter.
- Washington County Family Center’s Together with Families: $1,035 for the Adult Education program.
In addition to the awards above, the Junior members of the Giving Circle will be granting another $1,000 to an organization of their choice. Thanks to all members and donors as the Women’s Giving Circle was able to grant $20,985 in 2020.