Women’s Giving Circle Fund
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED NOW THROUGH APRIL 2ND AT 11:59pm
Simply click here to apply
Programs, capital and operating expenses must meet the following criteria:
- Increase life skills of women
- Encourage the healthy development and personal authority of young girls
- Improve the quality of life for families in Washington County
- Improve the emotional and physical well-being of all females.
Nonprofit applicants must be based in and primarily serving Washington County, MD, and have current 501(c)(3) status. The suggested grant request amount is $2,500 to $3,500; however, applications for other amounts will not be disqualified.
The Women’s Giving Circle launched in 2003 as a way to encourage women to become more involved philanthropically in Washington County. It provides a unique opportunity for donors to join together, contributing as little as a dollar a day ($365 a year), to promote and support programs and organizations that enable and empower women. One half of all yearly contributions go to work immediately through the granting process. The other half is secured in the endowment fund to ensure growth and perpetuity.
- Girls with incarcerated loved ones receive support.
- Women entering the workforce obtain professional attire.
- Homeless women sleep peacefully at a local shelter.
- GED and English language classes are funded.
- Transitional housing needs for women and their families are provided.
- STEM summer camps are accessible for girls from low income families.
“The Women’s Giving Circle funding has provided opportunities, experiences and programs for girls that focus on the development of the “whole” girl; not just intellect but the development of each girl’s emotional, physical, social and artistic potential….and for that, we are so grateful!” said Maureen Grove, executive director for Girls Inc. of Washington County.
Please contact Chairperson Karen Coyne at email@example.com.