Mary K. Bowman Fine Arts Fund Awards 2022 Recipients
The Community Foundation of Washington County MD, Inc. has awarded a total of $75,240, in varying amounts, to applicants of the Mary K. Bowman Fine Arts Fund. This fund provides financial support for current charitable and educational initiatives that preserve and maintain historical and cultural properties in Washington County. It also promotes the fine arts, history and historic preservation while encouraging the interest in and study of such matters.
Grants go towards organizations and programs that preserve and maintain historical and cultural properties in Washington County, and promote the fine arts, remembrances in the historical, history and historic preservation, and encourage others to do so, and promote interest in and study of such matters. The average grant amount in recent years has equaled about $4,500. The Community Foundation does not fund overhead expenses or capital expenses not directly related to programming.
- C&O Canal Trust: $5,000 for canal classrooms in Washington County
- Camp Ritchie Museum, Inc.: $4,000 for Ritchie Boys signage.
- Clara Barton Memorial Committee: $10,000 for Clara Barton Memorial.
- Fort Ritchie Community Center: $1,700 for Washington County History Adventures 2.0.
- Heart of the Civil War Heritage Area, Inc.: $10,000 for Newcomer House front parlor / office, historic furnishings & exhibition.
- The Maryland Symphony Orchestra: $10,000 for MSO 2022-2023 Kinder Konzert series.
- Three Roads Communications, Inc.: $5,000 for The House on Jonathan Street documentary project.
- Washington County Arts Council: $1,000 for the Art Educators of Washington County exhibit.
- Washington County Historical Society: $4,600 for their Washington County at War exhibit.
- Washington County Historical Trust: $6,910 to continue restoring the Saylor House at Kiwanis Park.
- Washington County Museum of Fine Arts: $15,000 for FY23 youth art education programs.
- The Women’s Club Foundation: $1,980 for preservation of artifacts of the Women’s Club & Women’s Club Foundation.