Community Foundation Scholarships Presented at Boonsboro High School
The Community Foundation of Washington County recently presented the following scholarships at Boonsboro High School:
- Boonsboro High School Class of 1970/Robert Lilga Scholarship of $500 each to Abby Humbel and Zane Poffenberger.
- Joseph M. Ellis Memorial Scholarship of $1,500 to Sarah Zaccaria.
- Michaela Jean Grove Scholarship of $1,000 each to Zane Poffenberger and John Saunders.
- Remsberg-Trout Scholarship of $500 to John Saunders.
- Dwight Scott Scholarship of $750 each to Isaiah Elzie and Abbigail Harrah.
- South County Scholarship of $500 to Zane Poffenberger and John Saunders.
Abby Humbel served as vice president of the Math National Honor Society, treasurer of SGA and co-editor for the Boonsboro Literary & Arts Magazine. She also ran indoor and outdoor track and played soccer and lacrosse. Humbel plans to attend a four-year university and then go to law school.
Zane Poffenberger was president of both SGA and National Spanish Honors Society his senior year, a member of Class Cabinet all four years, Drama Club, National Honor Society and Boy Scouts. He also recently served as a page for the Maryland General 2017 Assembly. Poffenberger will go to a four-year university, major in history and then pursue a law degree.
Sarah Zaccaria participated in cross country, Link Crew, Cool 2 Be Kind Club, the Boonsboro Literary & Arts Magazine and as a peer tutor and the Yearbook Editor. She plans to major in social work at a four-year university.
John Saunders played varsity baseball, varsity basketball and Maryland Cardinals Travel Baseball team. He was also a member of the National Honor Society. Saunders will major in occupational therapy at a four-year university.