Women’s Giving Circle Grants
The Women’s Giving Circle Grants Advisory Committee typically accepts applications for programs, capital and operating expenses that meet the following criteria:
- Increase life skills of women
- Encourage the healthy development and personal authority of young girls
- Improve the quality of life for families in Washington County
- Improve the emotional and physical well-being of all females
- Applicant organizations must be based in and primarily serving Washington County, MD, and have a current 501(c)(3) determination from the IRS.
- Organizations may apply for funding for more than one program; however, each program requires a separate grant application.
The 2021 recipients are:
- Breast Cancer Awareness – Cumberland Valley: $2,500 to support the “Moving Forward” program.
- Brooke’s House – $2,500 to support the “Dental Health Care” program.
- Citizens Assisting and Sheltering the Abused – $2,000 to support the “CASA Shelter” program.
- Hagerstown YMCA – $2,000 to support “Rock the Runaway” summer camp.
- Horizon Goodwill Industries – $3,000 to support the “Heavy Metal Playground” training.
- Leadership Washington County – $2,500 to support scholarship funding.
- The Salvation Army – Hagerstown – $1,860 to support the Women & Children’s shelter.
- Together With Families – $1,200 to support the Summer Fun project.